Child Requirements/Requisitos del niño
· Present ORIGINAL COPY of the child’s birth and/or hospital certificate at the class or at the rectory.
· Child to be baptized must be 7 years old or younger.
Parent’s Information & Requirements--
g· Parents MUST be registered parishioners. If they do not live within the parish boundaries of St. Catherine of Siena, they must provide proof of Permission to Baptize from your Parish.
· Parents MUST attend a Baptism Class with St. Catherine’s or any other Catholic Church within the last 12 months and provide proof.
· Donation to St. Catherine of Siena Church for Baptism is a minimum $ 50.00 per child. If you are baptizing out of the parish and would like to attend the class here, a $ 25.00 donation is accepted.
*If you are not registered and live within the boundaries of the parish, you will be automatically registered as a parishioner in the parish.
*Baptism classes English every 1 st Sunday of the month at 3pm
*clases de bapismal en inglés cada 1er miércoles 7 pm del mes
* Baptism (English) 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday of the month
*Bautismos (Españal ) Segundo domingo y Tercer sábado del mes
Godparents’ Information and Requirements—Información de Los Padrinos y Requisitos
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· Must be Baptized Catholics, and received Sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation (must show proof of Confirmation).
· Must be Catholics leading a life in harmony with faith: practicing Catholics (attending Mass regularly), if married, in a valid Catholic
· Only one person is required to be Catholic, second godparent will be referred to as a “Christian Witness”, if he/she is a baptized person
belonging to a non-Catholic church.
· Must have attended Baptism Class within the last 12 months and provide proof of attendance.
· If NOT parishioners of St. Catherine’s they must provide a letter from their parish stating that they are eligible to be Godparents and that they are in good standing at their church and meet all the requirements of a Catholic Godparent.